Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring!

"Springtime is coming, is coming today!  For I heard a robin who was calling her this way!"  Literally, although the picture of the robin is on our other blog.  (I didn't feel a need to post my bird pictures in two spots.)

Anyway, I'm so excited that spring is here.  I've anxiously been watching the plants around us start to bloom, the birds and bunnies visiting our yard, and I can't wait for the trees to start getting their leaves.  A few are budding, but most still look bare.  Here are a few of the spring colors we have in our backyard.

This bush is in our backyard.

Logan keeps picking these tiny purple flowers and asking me to put them in a vase with water.  :)

Our neighbors' tree has some awesome pink blossoms!  I had to take the picture from very far away, so it was difficult to get a good shot and hold the camera still.


I LOVE having a backyard!  I let the kids eat lunch out there, then they played for two hours.     


As of today, Alex officially likes to slide.

He impressed me with how happy he was to crawl around the grass in our yard, and then surprised me with how much he liked sitting under the porch in the rocks.

He was tasting them, and then throwing them into the grass!  (While Annie and Logan put the rocks back for him.)  He had no shortage of minerals today!

Sam has been thoroughly enjoying this weather.

Alex explored everywhere and tasted everything he found.  I'm pretty sure I did a good job of cleaning up the dog poop...

He shook this fence to our neighbors' yard and thought it was hilarious.  Is the grass greener on the other side buddy?
While we were enjoying the sunshine, a neighbor from a few houses down (who could see us through the backyards that are interconnected) came over to introduce himself.  I've been very impressed with how nice our neighbors have been so far!  It seems that there is only one other young family in our immediate vicinity (who we haven't met), and a lot of older folks that have lived here for a long time.  They all know each other, and I feel really safe here.

1 comment:

Maria Bishop said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE those trees with giant pink blossoms! They are all over the place here. I think they're called Dogwood. I want one!