10 years ago
Monday, April 18, 2011
A Little Homesick
Lately I've been feeling a bit homesick. The worst thing about a new adventure like this is that you have to leave people behind. I'm loving it here...really. I've made so many friends already, and the people here have been incredibly friendly and helpful. I feel content at home and with my family. This has been a good change. Life has been wonderful for us lately, but I sure miss my family and friends back in Colorado. The other day I was driving behind a blue windstar van and it almost looked like it had Colorado plates, which made me miss a friend who drives that same van. In our ward choir we are singing a song that was written by a lovely lady in our old ward...makes me think of so many people. Every time I write on our school blog I miss those friends who helped me learn those things that are so important for the way I homeschool, and who've been such a support as we've begun. Last week when I struggled to find a babysitter, I thought of the family and friends so many miles away that I could call on in an instant (I did find a wonderful babysitter though). So I'd like to say to all of you wonderful people out there in Colorado, I miss you! (And you need to move here so we can have family dinners and mommy playdates. You could bring a mountain or two, as well.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Me too.... I had no idea how hard it would be to move away for an indefinite period of time. Here's to Colorado and all the great people there! ♥
I know I've been gone from Colorado for almost 2 years now, but I often find myself feeling the same way. I'm glad that it gets a little easier as the time goes by.
I second (or 4th) that notion. I miss Colorado often. I've been gone for a year and a half and it feels like it's just been weeks. We visited in November and it felt just the same. I'm excited for new people, places, and opportunities, but I sure wish I could've kept the old ones too.
Post a Comment