Saturday, September 18, 2010

Making Progress

I'm suddenly realizing that between construction and moving, I won't have time to finish my Christmas projects unless I start now.  So I've pulled out the stocking that I promised myself I'd finish for Annie.  I worked on it a little bit at the beginning of the year, but had come to a dead stop with it.  I was a little bit burned out after finishing Logan's stocking.  (see my post from October 4, 2009) 

This is what I'd already had done (minus the gingerbread men, and the red stripes on the long white strip).

After a couple of evenings working on it, this is where I'm at now (plus two candy canes).  I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel, although I'm only about halfway finished and have several hours worth of work remaining on it.  It's a good thing I enjoy this!

2 comments:

Maria Bradley said...

WOW - you are talented!! I love these stockings. I wish I had that kind of patience :)

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

I don't generally have that kind of patience; that's why these projects are so good for me!