Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Logan!

Logan turned four a few weeks ago, and he had a lot of celebrations.  First, my mom took him to dinner on Friday.  Second, he had a much anticipated friend party on Saturday morning.  Third, my sister took him to lunch on Saturday afternoon.  Fourth, we celebrated with Jim's family on Sunday evening.  Fifth, my family came over to celebrate on Monday evening.  And sixth, we went to see Jim's sisters in Denver on Tuesday (his actual birthday).

I did manage to take a few pictures from his friend party.  We went to this very awesome accessible park; the kids loved it.

Climbing the big rock


This was cute; Annie somehow ended up with Avy and Laura pushing her on the swing.

This big rocking boat is very cool.  Someone could wheel all the way onto it if they wanted to, and it can fit a lot of people!  Nicole was being a very fun mom by rocking all these kids!  (In the picture are clockwise: Nicole, Logan, Avy, Lucy, Gabrian, Janelle, Hannah, and Isaiah.)

On the boat: Gabrian (well part of him), Hannah, Janelle, Isaiah, Avy

Cake time!  I actually took this picture after we sang to him because I forgot to get one during (plus I was trying to block the wind from blowing out the candles!).  The candles added to the fun of this cake; I put some wavy red and yellow candles sticking out the bottom so it looked like it was blasting off!  (Laura, Logan, Avy)

I was nervous about getting this cake out of the pan because I've become very spoiled with my Demarle molds.  I couldn't make a rocket out of those!  It came out just fine, though.

Make a few cuts...

Add some frosting and M&M's...voila!  Super simple!

Lucy on far left, Rachel, and Avery

Laura, Logan, Avy, Annie

Brooklyn, Rachael, Lincoln, Haywood

Present time!  We were a little bit nervous about how he would handle this part.  What if he didn't like something and said so?!  We discussed that before his party just in case.  It certainly wasn't a problem, though, and he was a very gracious little host.

Clockwise starting with my boy: Logan, Isaiah, Fox, Annie, Avy, Avery, Rachel, Keira, Laura, Jim standing above

Logan actually had even more friends at his party than ended up in the pictures; when I asked him who he wanted to invite he named every single one of them.  He really has a lot of friends!  After he opened presents, he ran around giving everyone popcorn balls that we'd made as a thank you.  I loved watching him do it because he was so happy to have something to give his friends.

I also have a few pictures from our gathering at our home with my family.

We had dinner and then presents.




I really love this picture!

No comments: