Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Happy Mommy Moment

A couple of weeks ago, Logan was complaining that something was hard, so I told him that he could do hard things.  He argued that point, so I told him that Heavenly Father wants to help him do hard things.  He argued that too.  The conversation ended and we didn't discuss it again. 

Then, a couple of days ago he and Annie made a HUGE mess and I told them it was time to clean it up all by themselves.  I set a timer, put on a positive face and attitude, and encouraged them.  They did it!  I was super pleased, but a hundred times more so when Logan said to me, "Mom!  I can do hard things!  Heavenly Father made me to do hard things!"  He was absolutely beaming, and I'm pretty sure I was too.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it!

Ariana said...

Logan is so smart! Kids really do listen to everything we say, and what a great lesson he learned!