I was chosen to host a house party! Very cool! For those of you who don't know what that is, go look at houseparty.com. Basically, if you are chosen as a host for a party, the company will send you a bunch of free stuff, and you just have to have a party to use it. It works out as free publicity for them, free stuff for you, and a fun time for all! It's totally a win-win scenario. In my case, the company was Hasbro, and this is what came in my party pack (plus a bunch of coupons for their games, but those got cut off the bottom of the picture):
In addition to all the lovely crackers we received, I made some more goodies. The best one was this cake. Please notice how pretty it is, and please remember how I am one to ruin cakes because I can't get them out of the pans. BUT I will ruin cakes no more! I recently purchased some AMAZING silicone bakeware including the bundt mold I used for this cake. With this stuff, you don't have to spray and flour your pans anymore, AND it bakes evenly, AND everything comes out super easily. I love it! (If you're curious, go to demarleathome.com. If you're really curious after that, I just might have a friend who is selling it and would love to help you make an order.:)
Let the games begin! Okay, we actually only played one game, but it was really fun. I was a little bit wary about trying another Trivial Pursuit game because my experience with those was that the questions were too difficult to make the game fun. The questions in the new game, though (Trivial Pursuit, Bet You Know It) weren't so hard. They were definitely a good challenge, but it wasn't totally hopeless.
Here are Rachael and Cameron concentrating on learning the rules.
Angela and Jay took a break from the instructions to smile for the camera. They were our game winners!
Brian and Leeanne seemed a little camera shy.
We decided to give away Taboo as a door prize since we already own it. Jershon was the lucky winner! (Actually, it was his wife whose name we drew to win it, but she wasn't actually there...)
No comments:
Post a Comment