I've been wanting my own garden for a few years now, but it hasn't been a real possibility considering our living arrangements. So I'm pretty excited about my flower "garden".
The purple one is a pansy that I received for Mother's day from Annie. I now understand why someone is called a pansy when they are acting wimpy; that flower doesn't seem to have any strength. The daisies came from my visiting teacher. And the last two are the same plant, but I don't know its name. I brought it home from Liz's wedding last June, and it sprouted a new plant. All I know is that it is a tropical flower, and I believe it was shipped from Hawaii to California where it was purchased. If anyone knows the name, I'd be interested since I haven't been able to figure it out.
Soon to come will be pots with parsley and cilantro. We helped some friends plant their vegetable garden last week (they are letting us share in the joy all summer) and we decided the herbs would be safer on our patio.
No comments:
Post a Comment