Thursday, May 27, 2010

Josh's Graduation

Last week my brother, Josh, graduated with his Master's degree.  He is the first person in our family to accomplish that level of education. 

Once again, the zoom on my camera allowed me to get a picture; it was a difficult shot though!  (He's the one who is waving.)

This is how far away we really were; he was on the second row on the lefthand side of graduates.  I'm amazed he was able to spot us!

I took pictures of everybody watching the graduation.




Alex was watching the wall behind us; I will admit that I didn't watch that much of it either.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I only listened to about five minutes of it: when Greg Mortenson spoke (he's the guy who wrote "Three Cups of Tea" and he was there to receive an honorary doctorate...very cool guy), and when Josh walked across the stage.  After Josh cleared the stage, Sarah and I left to find and decorate his car.  It took us about an hour (because there were a lot of cars and we didn't know where he'd parked), and by the time we got back they hadn't quite finished calling all the graduates!


We were able to come down to the floor for pictures and hugs afterwards.

The empty diploma cover...




This cute little girl gave me a scare while we were down there among the swarms of people.  My family was helping me keep track of the kids because Jim had stepped away to congratulate a friend, so I wasn't paying as much attention to Annie and Logan as I would have otherwise.  At one point, I realized that we didn't have Annie!  I asked my family where she was, and no one knew.  Thankfully, some people nearby heard me and asked if I was missing my little girl.  She'd walked passed quite a few people, all of whom had taken notice of her and had continued watching her because she seemed to be on her own!  She was on her way out of an exit when I caught up to her!  Phew!

Congratulations Josh!

No comments: