Today's project was a sling. I've never used a baby sling, so I don't know if I'll find it comfortable, but I decided to make one since it was SO simple and SO inexpensive. I only spent $2.50 between free satin, a gift card, and free O rings from my friend Nicole. She's also the one that gave me the idea and lent me the directions. If I were to dedicate this post, it'd be to her!
I couldn't convince Jim to model it for me, and Annie had no interest in riding in it; so you get a yucky picture of me and a cute teddy bear. :) I suppose the baby is in it too, considering he was preventing me from wearing it correctly...
The whole length isn't in the picture, but I wanted to show off the fabric. I think the satin makes it look really pretty. Even Jim said it was pretty!
My other project was a nursing cover. Remember Annie's doll blankie from Christmas? This is the matching baby brother blanket.
I did put boning in it, but I don't know if I'll like it. (It might be nice to look down and see my baby, but do I really want others looking down to see my baby?!) SO, I made it in a way that I can take the boning out. I actually have two of these because a sweet friend surprised me with one that she made (and it is so cute!), and I think they'll really come in handy. I suspect I'll need a cover ALL the time now that my big boy is three and a half.
4 comments:
I just got a ring sling too!! I'm so excited about it. Grant freaked out when I tried to wear him in it. So it's going to be a while until I can use mine! :P You'll have to post some actions shots once you have a real, live baby in there!
And yes, I do want your whole wheat pancake recipe! :)
I loved my sling! It took a little while to figure out the best way to cary the baby but once I did, it was great, especially at church when it isn't easy to have a carseat or stroller, and now that I am pregnant again it is WONDERFUL when Abinadi needs to be held. It takes all the pressure off my arms, back, hips!
Too cute and a good way to keep your self busy!
This turned out really cute! The silky lining makes the sling look so pretty. I've never tried this kind of sling, let us know if it works for you!
Post a Comment