Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Look

A couple of months ago, I decided that our living room needed a change. I had three reasons: (1) I was tired of the same thing. (2) I wanted more color. (3) The couch pillows were looking dingy (despite washing) from overuse. So...(or should I say sew?) I finally did something about it.


This is the "before" look.


And...the "after" look. I'm not even sure that I like it. Maybe it's just such an extreme change that it throws me off or maybe it really doesn't work in our living room. Perhaps it'll grow on me; I hope. It's definitely more color. And a change. And those pillows don't look dingy anymore. Mission accomplished?


On a positive note... I was pleased with my sewing, and I really like the pillows if I just look at them without taking in the whole room.

2 comments:

Science Kids said...

Good job sewing Becky! We just covered our toss pillows for the same reason. It's definitely nice to have a little change.

We hope you are all feeling better and that Alex is staying healthy.

Ariana said...

I love the look, especially the new curtains. Great job!

Baby Alex looks so handsome in his little suit!