My family makes a big ski trip every year with old friends. They rent a huge house in a ski town, ski for three days, stay up late laughing and eating junk food, sit in the hot tub, and play games. It is SO MUCH FUN! We hadn't been able to go for 7 years, so the anticipation was HUGE this year!
We ended up taking almost two weeks for our trip, so we were able to combine a lot of other fun and adventure into our vacation. We got caught in an ice storm and blizzard partway through Nebraska, visited the Denver temple, saw old friends, went hiking, went out to eat, enjoyed family, played games, visited some museums, went sledding, and, of course, went skiing! It was the best trip we've had in a long time!
Our gift to our kids this year was a membership to our local science museum. Our science museum isn't all that great, BUT the membership gives us free admission to other museums all over the country! We visited a small space museum in Colorado Springs one day, and then spent two days at the Denver Museum of Science and Nature.
(Pardon the terrible phone pictures. We have 'dumb' phones. Ha ha!)
One evening I found this on my bed.
I was feeling kind of grouchy and it totally changed my mood. Logan had great timing with that one!
Museum day 2:
I took almost no pictures of our trip, but my sister sent me a few from the ski trip. The ski trip was at the very end of our time in Colorado. I am in such bad shape! It was so fun, though.
Left to right: Chelsea, Sarah, Mariah, Me
The house we rented this year had 8 bedrooms and we had 28 people (I think) in our group. I'm not sure what Logan was doing in this picture, but it looks like fun!
Left to right: Kelly, Terry, Chelsea, Brad, Josh, Dad (my dad that is...), Bryce, Logan, Mariah, Dave, Sarah
While the rest of us enjoyed having a break for lunch, Logan couldn't wait to get back to slopes each day. It reminded me of my childhood; my siblings and I would pester my dad every day at lunch to get back out there.
Logan was incredible this year! He only skiied two days last year, so he was very much a beginner still, but he had no fear. He wanted to cruise down blue runs all day, and he even did his first black! He also loved the moguls; we could hardly keep him off of them. He reminded me of a young Josh. It won't be long before I can't keep up with him!
10 years ago













No comments:
Post a Comment