10 years ago
Friday, August 21, 2015
Kids Say
Alex, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to do a fiery dart." I'm still wondering what this means. Ha!
Alex bringing a college textbook into the living room, "I was hoping this was it!" Me, "What book is that?" He shows me that it's an engineering Statics and Dynamics book. Alex, "I love these books!"
Laurel was crying so Alex said, "I think she wants back in your tummy."
Some crows were squawking in the park. Alex, "Mom, I hear the laughing birds."
Alex, "Mom, in your tummy is there more eggs for babies?" Me, "Yes." Alex, "Next time, I hope a boy one hatches!"
Following a conversation about how my great grandparents died in their old age, Alex, "Dad is almost really old." Annie, "He is...kind of."
Alex, "Someday I'm going to make a school closet at my house and I'm going to make a giant mousetrap on it!"
Abby closing my book WHILE I'm reading it, "All done!" Me, "You're a stinker, you know that?" Abby with a smile, "Uh-huh."
Alex looking at Laurel, "I saw her head grow just now! Is that funny even though it's not her birthday?"
Alex, "Why is milk white?" Me, "Because the stuff that it's made of is white." Alex speculating, "Is there sugar in it? Is there flour in it? Maybe it has cloud in it!"
Alex, "Mom, someday I'm going to make a coconut field!"
Alex, "Mom! I know the secret to get a remote control car (for a present)! Have a car party!"
Alex, "Mom, you can't take care of us because there are too many of us." He must have noticed that I'm outnumbered...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment