10 years ago
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Baby's First Week
Our new little darling had a really rough second day of life. It was a mercy that I'd had some decent rest the previous night. She basically cried and nursed, cried and nursed for 24 hours...and of course that is when Jim was at home to rest. Thankfully, the nurses at the hospital were WONDERFUL. (This was by FAR the best hospital stay I've had...wonderful staff all around!) They constantly offered to take her so I could sleep a little bit, and eventually she moved past whatever was bothering her.
By day three she was content again. Jim came back in the morning and the three of us napped while waiting to go home.
Once home, my family sent me upstairs to nap again (oh glory be!) and Jim enjoyed his snuggles. This man has a special gift when it comes to babies and he loves it. His idea of a good time is to cuddle a baby...the younger the better. We call him 'The Baby Whisperer'.
Logan is 'Baby Whisperer #2'. This kid LOVES babies. He's always known how to be gentle and soothing with babies, even when HE was a baby and his first little sister arrived. There have been several times this week that he's asked to hold Laurel and she's calmed down in his arms when she was fussing in mine.
We've discovered that our rough and tumble boy has a calm side. Who knew?! He'll sit and hold Laurel for an hour at a time.
Professional big brother right here.
Between so many baby holders, and a content little girl (who has been sleeping at good times so far...) I've been able to feel better quite fast. It's like I'm human again!
Surprisingly, Annie has held Laurel the least. I don't think it's lack of desire, though. I suspect her brothers have been more proactive about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment