Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Temper Temper

We haven't encountered the 'Terrible Two's' in our family thus far, but I'm thinking it might be coming this time.  Alex has a temper.  A few weeks ago he split his head open by throwing himself into the corner of a cupboard.  We actually super glued the cut shut!  Last week he threw himself into the corner of a door and gave himself this bump.  It looks pretty bad in the picture, but it was worse in person.  It was raised half an inch within seconds after he did it, and that purple area was very dark.  I'm not the freak out kind of mom (hence the do it yourself super glue job) so I just kept an eye on him afterward.  He didn't cry long after he hurt himself; I think the injury snapped him out of his tantrum!  Then he smiled for the camera like this.  No signs of concussion, and the swelling subsided pretty quickly (though it's not gone), so he's good. 

No comments: