Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Elway

As in John Elway.  He even has a Broncos collar, though I'm NOT a football fan.  (My family members all cringe as they read this...I know.)  I won't hold his name against him though.  This is the puppy my sister brought us a week and a half ago.

He's decided that I'm his favorite (even though I'm the one who reprimands him when he pees in the house) and is always with me (except when he pees in the house because he's in hiding).  At the moment he's taking a nap at my feet.  He's a very energetic little mop who likes to steal toys and jump on anyone who has food.  I have to say these are good qualities.  He's effectively taught the kids to pick up their toys, and Alex to stay at the table when eating.  It's great.  He also takes a nap during quiet time.  He's figured out that he can pee near the drain in our basement and not get in trouble (because once I reprimand him he rarely pees again in the same spot, and I figure he needs one safe spot indoors until he learns to let me know he needs to go outside).  Potty training isn't complete, but he's making progress.  We're having fewer accidents each day.  He even had one day without an accident!   

Here's one more picture.  I actually had a very difficult time getting a picture of him because he wanted to play with me.  In the spring, we plan to groom his 4 inch fur; maybe we'll be able to see his eyes then.     

1 comment:

Maria Bradley said...

Looks like a fun dog. Your kids are lucky! :) I'll have to just send my kids to my in-laws to play with a dog their entire lives!