Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthday Baby

Alex turned one on Saturday.  I can't believe how fast this year was!  Alex has been the sweetest and easiest going baby the whole year, with the exception of the last month.  He went from zero to seven teeth during that time and had at least two colds, though, so I think he had an excuse to be grumpy.  (It looks like he's got a couple more teeth coming in again too...sheesh!)  Anyway, we had a little party for him on Saturday night.  This was our first celebration without family, so we invited a family from our new ward over.  

Here are the cakes.  Thank you Family Fun!  I'm terrible at decorating cakes, so I can't complain too much about how they turned out.  They would have been even better if I'd realized I had the ears too high before I was finished decorating!  Almost everyone knew they were sheep.  Otherwise, I had one guess they were bears, and Annie told me they were piglets.  (?!) 

I didn't get pictures of anyone besides Alex, but since it was his day I guess that's okay.  Cake time!  We gave him the little cake and he decided he didn't like marshmallows.  He sucked on a few, and then started throwing them to the dog.

Demolished and full of sugar!

We did presents after our guests left, and it was really strange to have such a quiet time opening presents!  The first present...

...a swimsuit from grandma!  He examined it very seriously. 

What's in this bag?

A dump truck!

This really was a present believe it or not.  I saw this on a friend's blog when her baby turned one (thanks Arit!) and thought it was a fun idea.  He had a blast unloading that box of tissues. 
Happy Birthday buddy!  We are so happy you joined us a year ago!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

He has gotten so big so fast! What a cutie!

I love how the cakes turned out, and they definitely look like sheep! The smash cake is really cute, too.