This post is dedicated to those lovely ladies who know that when I say Perm I'm not referring to hair: Trudy, Maria, Melissa, Lara, Pierco, Lorianne, and Christine.
We went to Russia together nine years ago to teach English and while there consumed many of these:
They are called bleeny and in addition to being fed them in our host families' homes, we made them on our own, and bought them from street vendors. We used to joke about opening our own bleeny stands when we came home. Anyway, it had been a while since I'd made them, so we had them for dinner recently.
Here is Alex eagerly waiting at my feet while they cooked.
A yummy stack.
Annie was a fan...
Logan was a fan...
Jim was a fan...
And Alex was a fan...
I guess I'll have to make them again soon!
5 comments:
oh - how yummy.. I could go for a chocolate one right about now! What do you put in yours?
We enjoyed them with Yoplait strawberry yogurt this last time. I just use whatever fruity stuff I have on hand...but I always think about the chocolate ones when we eat them! I usually debate about frying some up with ham and cheese or ice cream, too, but haven't done it.
Can you post the recipe you use? They look so good. Ahhhh, such memories!! Glad to see you guys are settling in...
Those look good! What makes them bleeny, as opposed to pancakes or crepes?
That's so cool! Can you maybe share the recipe? (^_^)
P.S., I'd love to hear more about your time in Russia.
Post a Comment