Wednesday, November 24, 2010

True Love

This Thanksgiving I'm grateful for true love...

...all of them. 

I'm incredibly thankful for Jim.  He's such a wonderful husband and father.  He sacrifices so much of his time and energy, in fact most of it, for us.  He's willingly and happily allowed me to stay home with our kids from day one, even though he was a full-time student and full-time provider.  When Alex was born, he encouraged me to go out alone so I could have a break while he watched all three kids on his own...numerous times.  That might not sound very heroic, but I think it is!  I love this man! 

Logan is my favorite four year old.  What can I say?  I guess I'm biased!  This kid loves books.  I think they are number one on his list.  This is his reading spot now.  

He loves Primary and he constantly talks about when he is going to be a missionary and go to the temple. 

He is a wonderful big brother.  Lately he's been begging me to let him "watch" Alex when I need to do something downstairs.  He plays with him, reads to him, and makes sure he has a pacifier when he needs one.  I love this kid!  (Even if he did try to push me out the door when I dropped him off for a slumber party with my mom tonight..."Mom, when are you going home?!")

My Annie girl has so much spirit.  She loves to make messes, run, giggle, tease, and she is a total mischief maker.  She's incredibly sweet too.  She "nurses" us when we are sick or hurt or sad, and she has the most sympathetic little voice I've ever heard.

I love getting glimpses into how her mind works.  While my boys seem to look at their world and learn like Jim does, my girl reminds me of myself.  She is curious, and not afraid to figure things out; she's independent!  She's very logical too.  Already she can put together regular jigsaw puzzles (to a certain degree) and when we played Memory yesterday, she could remember where the matches were better than I could!

She loves her brothers!  Poor Alex continues to receive the full brunt of it since he can't escape yet.  I love my little sweetheart! 

Alex is such a neat little guy.  I've never seen a happier baby.  All day long he smiles at us, babbles, and examines his toys.  He is very curious and has to look at everything long and hard.  Logan did that too as a baby.  He's my happy spot when I get stressed.  I just have to look at him and he'll smile and often giggle at me.  He just emanates sweet innocence.  I'm so glad this little man has joined us, and I can't believe he's already 8 months old!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Your kids are so cute, and they look like such fun :) Congrats on the job offer, I know it means a lot to have that kind of financial reassurance. Everything changes so fast! Can you believe it, while our hometown is one of the fastest growing cities, we are leaving it and moving to the mid-west where it seems that most people are exiting. The future ... here we come!