Thursday, November 11, 2010

Making Progress

This is what the kids' room looked like for the first two weeks we were here, and Logan was a great sport about sleeping on the floor.

The reason we didn't have beds set up for them was because I wanted to re-finish a bunkbed that had been given to us.  It really didn't look bad before, but there was some writing on it that would only come off with sanding.  So I sanded and stained the whole thing.  The kids have been so excited about this!  And it has helped with Annie's graduation to a big bed.  She has a hard time settling down to sleep, and I'd kept her in the crib as long as I felt I could because I knew she would be a terror once she wasn't trapped.  (I was right.)  She finally started sleeping like a big girl when we moved, and bedtime was pretty painful.  Actually having the bunkbed up has helped her be slightly more inclined to go to bed.


Everyday I'm trying to unpack a little bit, but I still have a lot to go!  It's amazing how long it takes to unpack with three kids underfoot.  Progress is slow, but it is happening!  Jim says it looks a little better everyday which is great encouragement. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

So cute!! Yea, Mommy!! Boy, that's a tight fit. :) How do they climb up to the top with no room on the end?

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

There's about two feet on the end actually, but I agree it's a tiny room. It serves it's purpose though!