Friday, February 12, 2010

A Goal Almost Accomplished

You know that really pregnant girl that you see at the swimming pool, and you just can't help but gawk and wonder how she's so brave to get into a swimming suit? I'm that girl, and I've learned that EVERYONE stares. I used to be one of those who stared, and always vowed I would exercise when I was pregnant. Then I had Logan and didn't exercise...not once. Then I promised myself again I would exercise with my next pregnancy. I was even less active with Annie (if that's possible). So this time I promised myself again, and because we were already going to the Y several times a week it wasn't so hard. In fact, I've been AMAZED at how it's affected me. During my first trimester, the only time I wasn't sick was when I exercised, and during the subsequent two trimesters the only time I don't ache everywhere is when I'm in the pool and for a couple of hours after I get out...especially now. I also LOVE the energy boost I have afterwards (even though now it doesn't last long). I'm fairly convinced that I want to live in the pool until this baby comes.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

This pregnancy came as a bit of a shocker (obviously), but when I realized that since we have our own pool now I could spend the last couple months LIVING in the water, it suddenly all became doable. I love the water when I'm pregnant!!

Stare on, folks. Pregnant ladies gotta swim.

Coon Family said...

When you want less stares feel free to come over to our indoor pool here! Hardly anyone is ever here (some times old ladies and their noodles)! I think we will have a playgroup here soon!