The other night we were missing Daddy and feeling a little (maybe a lot) bored. So, I decided to do something that is often too messy and complicated for my patience. I let BOTH children help make gingerbread cookies. I even gave them their own dough. AMAZING.
Annie is ready to go. Notice how neat and clean her appearance is.
Logan is also ready.
Logan's cookies were in the oven (Annie's were in her tummy-unbaked) and I stepped away to wash my hands. What can I say? I wasn't thinking. When I returned I discovered Annie happily grabbing handfuls of flour and dumping them on the rolling mat we'd been using. I removed flour and mat (which thankfully contained most of the flour) and the next obvious step was to take a picture! Then I had a triumphant moment in mommy-hood. I LET HER CONTINUE PLAYING IN IT! This would have totally unnerved me a few years ago, but what's a little flour on the carpet now that I have two busy kids?
Since the cookie cutters cannot go in the dishwasher, we had an unusual holiday: a sink full of soapy water! Logan insisted on washing everything himself; what a great helper! Annie helped by eating soap bubbles. Logan also managed to drip soapy water on top of Annie's head because he was holding his soapy washcloth away from the dishes he was trying to rinse.
Meticulously decorating her cookie. After she'd put the sprinkles on one-by-one, she took them off and ate them one-by-one.
Also being meticulous with his sprinkles.
The end result. She's looking a little bit wilder, although most of the flour was washed away by the soap feast.
A mouthful and a smile. I can't deny it; he did a pretty good job making those cookies!
1 comment:
Love it! Nice work Becky! You are a fine mom.
Love ya,
Pierco
Post a Comment