Friday, October 17, 2008

Shopping Impulses and Other Nonsense

I was at the mall yesterday shopping for Jim's birthday. (He wanted a superman t-shirt, and I shopped for three days and an absurd number of hours finding one! Long story...) Anyways, while I was at the mall I came across this cart that sells accessories for babies. Annie is so bald, and it doesn't look like she's going to have hair for a long while yet, so I'm always looking at headbands, even though I've never bought one. Well, they were selling baby headbands that are made to attach barrettes to, and they were super cute! On a very unusual impulse (because I'm NOT an impulse shopper) I bought one. As I walked away the guilt set in. I took the headband out of the bag thinking I'd put it on Annie, and convince myself that she needed it. Instead I got to examining it, and realized it was just a piece of nylon. Here I am trying to save money in every way possible, and I just spent six dollars on a piece of pantyhose! Well, I repented of my impulse and returned it immediately. So when I got home, I experimented with an old pair of knee highs; that's what's on her head. I'm going to see if I know anyone with old hose in other colors.


It's nearly impossible to get them to look at the camera at the same time!




I've been wanting a picture of Logan when he gets out of the bath because I think it's so cute the way he walks around in his towel. He doesn't understand how to hold the towel around himself and walk upright, so he walks around very slowly and hunched over. That is until he decides the towel makes a great cape, lets go altogether, and streaks through the apartment. No pictures of that...

Annie is a tough little cookie. When Logan decides he wants to play with her or love on her, he has to be on top of her. She loves it, too!

He's actually being very gentle in this picture...maybe because she has those sharp little fingernails dug into his cheek!

1 comment:

Melanni said...

She looks so cute in that headband! I am beyond impressed at your control with impulse buys. I have made Natalie dozens of headbands and I just buy the knee-hi's from wal-mart that are 33 cents for a pair (they come in little plastic containers and a variety of colors) and then glue a rhinestone in the middle of the flower.