Monday, March 21, 2022

Ski Day

✔Bindings adjusted (all different types 🤦‍♀️)
✔Boots tried on
✔Backyard test accomplished 🤣

Ready to go!


We had an awesome ski day! We had perfect soft snow all day and evening, and everyone had so much fun!

I taught Abby to ski that day, and she did great! She mastered a nice controlled snow plow, and went down every single green and blue run by the end of the day. (We're in the Midwest, so that actually translates to various levels of green terrain. LOL) She did way better than I expected, and I had so much fun with her!

The rest of the big kids had a great day too. They took a few turns with Abby so I could get some runs in with each of them. Our little resort doesn't have any challenging terrain, but it's perfect for building confidence and working on technique.

Logan learned what it's like to ski with an adult sized body this time. It's a lot more tiring! Ha ha! He's grown a lot in the last year! I hardly saw him all day, and I totally forgot to take a video of him.

Annie improved a lot this trip! She's snowplowing in the video I took, but she worked on keeping her skis parallel most of the day, and she was brave about everything. I really enjoyed skiing with her in particular this time.

Alex has no fear! He learned to ski only last winter, but had no trouble picking up where he left off. He worked on his turns a lot this time and (mostly) skied in control.  🤦‍♀️ He LOVES the terrain park.

Alexia was heading home the following week, so I was extra excited to have a ski day with her! She had a blast too. On the way home, she made the comment that a ski day just makes you want to ski more. So true!

Jim and the little kids even came and hung out in the lodge all day. The lift drops us off right next to the lodge, so we popped in and out all day. The little ones loved playing in the snow and watching all the skiers. It was so fun to have all the family there!





No comments: