Monday, May 3, 2021

February 2021

We had several very cold weeks in February. 

Beautiful frost patterns.

3 feet of snow

One morning we wondered why it was so cold. It was -6 outside and only 49 in the house. Someone played with the thermostat! Brr! Slowly, but surely it warmed up. I pretended that I was actually outside; 54 would have been beautiful outdoor weather! 🤣🤣 



Happy Valentine's Day! We had a little holiday that included a homeschool party with friends, a nice dinner tonight, and, best of all, our secret Valentine tradition. We ended the night with a game that we've been saving.

Once again, we've learned that our family can't keep secrets. 🤣 Within minutes of drawing names, I knew who 4 people had. By the time we'd gone shopping the next day (everyone gets $3 to get things at the Dollar Tree for their person), several of us knew who everyone had. We still had fun leaving secret surprises for each other.  😍 

I caught Logan reading to Brig. 😍 He was supposed to be doing schoolwork, but I guess it could wait a minute. 😉 

Some frozen fun.  We froze water balloons and bubbles.

The kids dig a snow cave.

Reasonable temps arrived!

These funny Iowa kids. It was 37 degrees out so that meant shorts and playing outside. 🤣🤣🤣 

22 degrees? It was practically a heat wave! 🤣 Warmer temps meant that I could finally bathe this smelly dog and wash his sweater. 🤣🤷‍♀️

We had our first Midwest skiing experience. It definitely doesn't compare to Colorado mountain skiing, but we still had a fun day!

The kids were talking pretty big before we went, and their talk came true. Midwest blues really are green terrain, and Midwest blacks are truly blue terrain. They skied every single run! It was fantastic for building their confidence. 😍

I got some fun videos of my beginners taking on new challenges and we skied for a solid 6 hours! The snow was really sticky which was a rare experience for me. Ha ha!

I won the award for best wipe out of the day. I had some good speed when I caught an edge on the steepest 'black' run, spun out, and slid uncontrollably down the hill on my stomach and side. I was laughing so hard because I couldn't stop myself, but some skiers above me thought I was crying. I just wish one of the kids had seen it. It was probably funnier to watch. 🤣

Alex and Logan had the second best wipe out going over a jump, and I caught it on video. (They crashed at the same time.) 

We tried a new hairstyle on this cute girl. 

My vehicle was in for repair, so they gave me a fancy schmancy new SUV to borrow for the weekend. All was well until I couldn't find the key! What is this magic?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣





No comments: