Saturday, August 10, 2019

Bedroom and Bathroom Projects

I worked really hard to unpack and decorate our house when we moved in a year ago, but eventually came to a screeching halt when I needed to focus on our school year and other things.  I had some unusual motivation in the last several weeks (I was nesting in preparation for our exchange students), and have made more progress on decorating.

This is Annie's room.  She actually received her bedding and decor at Christmas time.  On her other wall she has some fun things, and we've since added a few more touches.  She loves it.

The boys have been wanting to paint their room since we bought the house.  It was a really nice brown color, but it didn't jive with what they wanted.


We took three days to work together on it.  The boys helped every step of the way.  On day 1, we cleaned, taped, and purchased the paint.




They really had a lot of fun.

On day 2 I pulled out my almost 20 year old paint pants.

The boys were really careful with the paint, and didn't get it on anything!


On day 3, we removed the tape, and put their room back together. 

The light blue really brightened their room which I think is good for Logan's mental health.  It's really funny that they chose blue, though.  They were ADAMANT for months and months that they didn't want a blue room!  Ha ha!




 On another day, we painted some old wooden frames to coordinate with the colors in their room.  Then we printed google search images of things they like (all types of vehicles) to go in the frames. 

We also purchased a rug to protect their white carpet.  (Boys!)  I have yet to take a photo with their pictures on the walls.  Maybe someday when the room is clean AND their beds are made...

My next project was the upstairs bathroom.  I painted a bathroom in our old house last year, and purchased coordinating things to go with it.  I LOVED it so much that I wanted to repeat the color scheme in this house.

BEFORE

For FHE one evening, we worked together to clean, tape, and do the other little prep work.

I painted this one alone.  The old paint pants came back on, and I got to work.

When we bought this house, I thought that this bathroom was gray.  It turns out it was pink!  I thought it was really interesting how the pink showed through once I started painting.

I have tape regret.  :(

I love how it turned out!  It feels so bright in there now, and all the kids were excited about using the 'pretty' bathroom.  They've continued to use it more since I painted it, which makes me happy because it means they aren't in my bathroom as much!  Ha ha!


Jim and I had been thinking long and hard on what we wanted to do in our own bedroom.  So, it sat bare for almost a year.

This is a very unusual amount of clutter for me.  It got really bad during the week before I was ready to decorate.
 
We had very little wall space for decor in our old house because we had huge windows on the center of every wall.  So, I really didn't have much leftover once I decorated the main levels of our new house. We have so much wall space!  I ordered these three large pictures.  (The map is for the basement.)  Unfortunately, I failed to look at the seller info for the picture of Christ. I was planning to put this canvas in a really nice frame, but it arrived blurry and much darker than it should have been.  Returning it wasn't an option because of the seller, so I decided to just use it until a nicer picture is in our budget.

Mostly finished!


I've added a bedskirt and flowers to our dresser since I took the picture.  I really love how our room feels now!


My last project was to convert the baby's room for our exchange students.  Brig was NOT happy about changing rooms initially, but he understood once I had the room completely changed.

Finished!  I really had fun getting this ready for our students.  The pictures are just clip art that I printed from google, and put into the frames that I already had in the room.  I spent a lot of time shopping for furnishings because I needed to stay within a budget, but also wanted to coordinate things.  I love how it turned out!


This is a neat little item I found on Amazon for just a few bucks.  This will give them a place to display photographs.

No comments: