Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Alex Turns 8

We have an 8 year old in the house!  This boy is so full of love and fun.  I don't know what I'd do without my Alex.

He had two celebrations.  A week before his birthday, he invited two friends to go with him to a trampoline park and then back to our house for dessert.  They had so much fun jumping and climbing around! 








These two friends of his are really great kids; I'm so glad he has good buddies.

On his birthday we celebrated as a family.  He opened presents, had a dinner of his choosing (meatballs), watched a movie (big screen with our projector), and enjoyed ice cream floats.






After the kids gave him their presents, we had fun teasing him with ours.  We gave him a little fish tank, but had him open the little plant for it first.  I told him we thought he'd like it for a decoration; he tried SO hard to be polite, but it was obvious he was disappointed.  It was pretty funny.  Then we had him open the rocks.  Then the fish food, etc.  Then, while I finished dinner, Jim took him to the store to get some goldfish.  Over the next couple of days, we killed 6 goldfish, but finally kept one alive.  One month later and it's still swimming!  Yay!


This present was probably the coolest thing he received.  It's a bilibo, and is the most fantastic wiggly toy ever.  The kids spin and spin and spin around on the carpet with it, and it doesn't make me crazy!

This baby is the cutest thing ever.  Be still my heart.

No comments: