Logan has a very musical ear. Since he was a toddler, he could carry a tune. As he got older, he could hear a song once and then accurately hum the melody weeks later. I've often wanted to encourage his natural music ability, but haven't felt good about pushing lessons. This fall, however, I felt inspired to encourage him to begin piano. Rather than teach him, I felt impressed that he could learn on his own if he just had a little motivation. So we made it part of our school routine every day. He doesn't receive any instruction unless he asks for it, and he isn't actually required to practice. His requirement is to choose one of three options each day, piano practice being one of them. In January (about 4 months after beginning piano) he let me make this video of him. He's doing great!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment