Friday, May 15, 2015

Kids Say

I heard Abby in the bathroom with the water running, so I went in to escort her out.  She was brushing her teeth with Logan's toothbrush.  When she saw me, she jumped a mile, hurriedly put down the toothbrush, turned off the water, and said in explanation, "Done!  Teeth!  Done!"  She totally knew she wasn't supposed to be in there. 

Alex to Jim, "You're the best dad I know!"  Jim, "That's because I love you more than any other dad."  Alex, "I have one more dad that I love."  Jim, "Who's that?"  Alex, "Jameson's dad!  Actually, he's my favorite.  I like him better than you."

Logan, "This might sound strange, but do you know what I want for my birthday?  A big block of cheese!  So I can eat off of it whenever I want.  I love it so much!"

We were talking about how Logan correctly took apart and reassembled a kitchen appliance when he was five.  Annie, "So does that mean Alex could do it now?"  Me, doubting it because it was pretty extraordinary, "Maybe.  I don't know if Alex's and Logan's brains work the same way."  Alex, indignant, "My brain is turned on!!  My brain is working!"

Alex was laying across the couch measuring himself by the cushions, "Just one more cushion and then I'm a grown up!  Cause Dad is that way!"

I looked at Alex's filthy feet and said, "Alex, I can't tell what color your feet are."  He looked down and said matter of fact, "They're black."

Logan exchanged ages with a younger kid at the park, and the younger kid asked, "Why are you smaller than me?!"

Alex holding a kazoo, "If people don't have horns on their cars, they can bring these!"

No comments: