Annie's dance pictures were today. Even though they officially took just a few minutes, we spent several hours on this endeavor today. First thing, of course, we had fun fixing her make up and hair. I loved her comment about her hair, "Mom! These are Nellie Olsen curls!" (From Little House on the Prairie.) We took a few pictures as we were heading out the door (not knowing how well her curls would hold up).
Abby was trying to pose next to her the whole time. She's so cute.
We couldn't afford to buy any pictures this year, so she was there just to participate in the group shots. A couple of the other moms stood behind the photographer and snapped their own photos; they were nice enough to send me these two.
Last shot for Abby, and then she was kicked out.
Christian Ballet...Annie made up most of her own poses for her pictures.
Ballet...guess which costume is her favorite?
Tap
By the time Annie was ready to take pictures with Abby, Abby was throwing a fit. So we took some of Annie's newest dress. Jim's mom had us select these matching dresses for the girls.
Abby had been crying because she'd put her crocs on the wrong feet...by herself. When I suggested she wear her dress shoes, she threw a bigger fit. Nevertheless she wanted pictures. She wouldn't smile, and I wasn't allowed to touch her.
Finally, she threw herself down and made an attempt to smile.
It didn't last. This was a VERY grumpy two year old!
I finally gave up and snapped this picture as my last documentation of her ridiculous drama.
When I started cleaning things up, she decided to sort of cooperate for pictures. She let me put her headband on, but I still wasn't allowed to wipe her face or remove her crocs.
Check out the crocs! Funny girl.
Eventually, she wanted pose after pose after pose, but Annie was NOT allowed to come near her (even though posing with Annie was what prompted this in the first place).


1 comment:
Oh, my almost 2 year old has days just like that! It's a fun age, but man...
Post a Comment