Sunday, December 15, 2013

Farm Cat

When you live rurally, a good mouser is very helpful to keep the rodent population down.  I'm allergic to cats, so we don't have one, but it seems we've been adopted by one already!  This kitty has been appearing on our porch almost every day that we've been here.  She's (we think it's a girl, but I'm not about to pick her up to find out...hives!) actually a very sweet cat.  We're wondering if she belongs to the neighbors because she is very tame.  The kids have enjoyed playing with her outside, and I can't complain about her hanging around if it helps keep mice away.  We're going to take Christmas cookies to the neighbors this week, so we'll ask then if she is theirs.  If not, we've decided to start feeding her and consider her ours, but she'll still need to be an outdoor kitty because my allergies are so bad.

Whenever I'm in the kitchen, she hops onto our barbecue grill and watches me.


No comments: