Sunday, October 27, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent

We finally ran low on our homemade laundry detergent, so I made some more this week.  I feel this deserves another post because it was so awesome!  The first time around this lasted us over a year and a half and an estimated 450 loads.  At $20 for the whole thing, that's .0444 cents per load!  The best part is that I've continued to love this detergent as much as I did at the start.  It cleans our clothes better than any detergent I've ever used.

Here's the recipe once again:
 
-4lb box borax
-55oz box Super Washing Soda 
-3 bars Fels Naptha Soap 
-36oz OxiClean
-64oz baking soda

 I bought everything at Wal-mart; all of it was together on the same aisle.  Grand total: $20.  Yeah!

 Putting this together was super simple and fast, and my house smelled wonderful afterwards.  I simply grated the Fels Naptha soap with my cheese grater and then mixed all the ingredients together in a garbage bag. 

Ta da!  I use 1 Tablespoon per load and it cleans better than a full cup of any other detergent.  :)

No comments: