I've been talking about wanting to take the kids to a circus for years, so when Jim saw some buy one get one coupons for a circus last week we decided to do it. It was a really fun outing. We arrived early for the 'pre-show party' only to find out that it was just a way for them to double their money. They had pony rides, elephant rides, camel rides, face painting, snake photos, and a bounce house. All were outrageously priced! The kids were disappointed that we wouldn't pay for any of that, but we explained that they were pretty lucky that we'd paid for the circus in the first place! They still had fun looking at the animals. We also had the best seats in the house since we were early: center, front row!
Most of the acts were pretty cool. These tigers were huge! That animal trainer was crazy to be in there with seven tigers!
Alex kept growling at the tigers. He was super enthralled about everything.
The elephant was my favorite act. Watching an enormous animal walk on a barrel and balance on her front legs amazed me.
There were also some pretty impressive (though scantily clad) acrobats, two clown acts which were pretty funny, motorcyclists inside a cage (scary!!), dancing, and this Chinese guy balancing pottery on his head (interesting and impressive). The kids loved all of it, though Annie had to point out every time someone was dressed immodestly (I could have done without that as well). I'm glad she's so conscientious. Abby either slept or nursed through the whole thing, so she made it easy on us as well. I'm glad we had the chance to do this!









2 comments:
First, I'm impressed you went with a newborn. Go Momma! Second, man I wish I knew about the circus. It would be fun to do someday.
We almost didn't go because I was nervous about the baby having a hard time, so I was thrilled she did so well!
Post a Comment