Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I'm getting behind again; I guess it's good I haven't taken many pictures lately because I forget what I'm behind on.  :) 
 
Anyway...
 
We decorated for Christmas the day after our enjoyable Thanksgiving.  Considering we lived in an apartment only two years ago, our Christmas decorations aren't very extensive and so they are easy to put out.
 
I love real trees, but this year am really grateful that we have a fake one.  The kids were excited to help put the tree together.  They organized the branches and brought them to me to spread out as Jim was ready for them.

We turned on some Christmas music, wrapped the lights, and then commenced decorating.  I have to admit, it's nice that my family wants to decorate the tree.  I enjoyed just handing them the decorations and watching.  :)  Everything about Christmas is so exciting for these kids.  I love it.

Annie has so much personality and this picture captured it so well.  That's my funny girl!

Owing to their height, we had a heavy concentration of decorations on the bottom.

Alex focused on just a couple of branches.  As ornaments have come off (AKA been played with) he's been putting them back on in the same spot, so it's getting even more concentrated.  :)

Ta da!


Our month of Christmas is underway!  We had presents ready before Thanksgiving, so we just get to enjoy this time.  We're looking forward to doing our favorite traditions and seeing family!

No comments: