Friday, April 13, 2012

Annie's Birthday

My little Anne girl is four!  She was so excited to have her grandma and uncle here for her birthday.  We celebrated all day.  In the morning we prepped cupcakes and then some of her friends came over for a party. 

Here's the excited princess before the party.

Logan was equally excited.

A couple of days before I cut out hearts and stars from some leftover fondant I had and let them dry.  The morning of I filled the cupcakes with vanilla pudding like I did for Alex, and then Mom and I decorated in the simplest possible manner.   My goals for Annie's cupcakes: 1. To buy nothing at the store, 2. To use up the leftover fondant, 3. To use up the leftover frosting from Alex's birthday, 4. To make them tasty.  Ta da!

The kids played for a while.  Then I called them upstairs for lunch.  I made breadsticks the night before, and pizza that morning.  I couldn't believe how well those kids ate!  I guess I picked the right lunch to feed them.


While still at the table, we sang to Annie and handed out cupcakes.

The cupcakes were a hit, but very few kids finished.  I guess they weren't hungry.  :)

I took a picture of all of Annie's friends.  Here is Declan.  (I was feeding him fondant while his mom wasn't looking.  Hee hee.  She didn't mind.)

Alex

Carson

Eliza

Hannah

Pierson

Paisley

Logan

Brynlee

Corey

They enjoyed themselves.




Her friends brought her some really fun gifts.  She's been enjoying them a lot.  After presents the party was over.  It was a very simple, noisy, fun party. 

That evening we went to the park.  We started with a little teeball.



Teeball didn't last long, so we ended up at the playground where Jim met up with us.


After the playground we had round 2 of presents.  We'd saved all of the family presents for when Jim could be home.  This included family presents for Alex.

Sarah sent Annie this fun dress-up skirt.


Annie was very excited about this doll that my mom brought her. 

We had almost as big a mess as Christmas!  The sleeping bag and camp chair were for Alex from Mom and Sarah.  We'd saved our gift of sand toys for him for that night.  Annie also had a couple of cute dresses from Sarah, some clothes and waterbottle from us, and a gift card from Papa (my dad).  We need to take her shopping.

The final big present was from Jim's parents.  They sent a tricycle for each of the birthday kids!  Jim put together one that night.  Alex has been thoroughly enjoying it ever since.

No comments: