We've lived here in Iowa for almost a year now, and up until a week ago hadn't seen any of the snow we'd heard so much about. Apparently, it's been a very strange winter. Anyhow, one week ago we finally had our first real snowfall. It snowed more the next day, stuck around for a few days, and then it snowed again. We're loving it! (Especially since the snowplows are abundant around here...our street is always plowed early in the morning, and even little streets eventually get plowed!)
We played in the snow the very first day. Here are some after pictures. I always love the wild hair, pink cheek look.
A couple of nights ago, we went with Jim to clear snow at the church. I was totally preoccupied with a grumpy Alex the whole time, but the other two really tried to help! I loved watching them with their shovels, and then later trying to dodge the spray of snow from the snow blower! It was freezing, but a good family activity nevertheless.
Today I let Annie and Logan play in it again while Alex napped. In the first picture, they were eating a large snowball between the two of them.
She's all sorts of pink. I bet she won't get lost in a snow storm. :)
Logan has been working hard to earn money because he wants to fly on a real airplane, so I gave him this job to earn some cash. He worked really hard! That shovel is quite heavy and very awkward for him. He cleared the whole deck, though, and earned $5. It took him over an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment