Monday, December 19, 2011

Time to Move On!

I thought I'd post an update here.  After four days of thinking I could miscarry any minute, I finally did this morning.  It was 4.5 hours of labor pain.  The first couple of hours were manageable, though quite painful, and the last couple were absolutely miserable.  I never had a break from the contractions the last two hours; they went back and forth between very painful and excrutiating.  The contractions were much worse than with my first miscarriage.  Thankfully it was all over about half an hour before the kids woke up and it went as smooth as possible.  I'm glad it was relatively short, but it further confirmed to me that I never want to have a baby without an epidural!  I am in AWE of women who have natural births!  I can definitely see the advantage to being at home, though.  As compared to having a baby in the hospital, I was much more comfortable on my couch without being hooked up to an IV and other tubes. 

I am very happy with the timing of this.  It started well before Jim had to leave for work, so he was able to be here with me the whole time, and the kids didn't have to see me in pain.  Today has been a good day to be an invalid since we didn't have anything planned.  I'm feeling like if I can get enough rest today, that I'll be back to normal tomorrow.  Then we can really enjoy this holiday week!  I'm so glad to be able to move on now.     

2 comments:

Riannon said...

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had a miscarriage between Sean and Cami and it's not easy. Glad you are healthy and able to rest. Take care.

Ariana said...

Becky, I've been thinking about you the last few days and planning to call. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You are a strong lady.