10 years ago
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Not So Happy News
I debate about making this post even as I write it, but at the same time I want it known since we'd so widely announced our pregnancy. We've learned that I'm going to miscarry. About a week ago, I woke up without nausea or exhaustion and immediately felt like something was wrong because I never feel that good during my first trimester. I've had a strong feeling since that day that I was going to miscarry, and today we had that confirmed. Interestingly, development stopped probably on the same day I began to feel worried. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father prepared me for this news, and grateful that I can relax and allow things to take their course in the comfort of my own home without worry. I've been through this before and really am not scared at all. Now it's just a matter of waiting. I actually feel more emotionally calm now that I have this confirmation. I'm very disappointed. I used to think that the more kids you had, the easier it would be to be patient for the subsequent ones. I've learned that I'm just the opposite. I want each one more intensely than the last and I'll admit that this miscarriage has already been more difficult than the first. I'm a very open person, as anyone who knows me is aware of, and talking about this doesn't bother me at all. It's not a subject to walk on eggshells about, for me anyway. On the positive side, I have been counting my blessings this week and that has really helped. I am very richly blessed and my life is good and full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have never experienced that, but I can't imagine. I think it would be like the death of a loved one that you didn't get enough time with. I hope you have many more children (or at least as many as you want) and that you feel peace and love until then.
Oh, I am sorry Becky. That must be so hard. It doesn't matter how many children you have or don't have, it is a loss and it's hard.
Hope you find continued peace.
I'm so sorry to hear this. It doesn't matter how many kids you have, it's always going to be hard.
I just went through a miscarriage myself. Hard thing to experience, and it really makes you stop and realize what a true miracle each child is. I'm glad you're willing to talk about. I found it really helps to share the grief with loved ones.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I am truly thinking of you and praying for your comfort.
Becky, I got teary eyed the minute I started reading this post. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again. Your faith and positive attitude are an inspiration to me. Sending much love and prayers to you and your family.
We are sorry for your loss Becky. We love you!
Post a Comment