Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Kickoff

We did celebrate Thanksgiving, though it was more of a Christmas kickoff in my mind.  :)  The day before we prepped most of the food.  We had all the normal fixings, and ate well, but the best thing we ate was the treat we had the day before.  I was making a big pumpkin pie, per Jim's request, and since I don't like pumpkin pie I decided to make a few mini apple pies.  The kids helped me make them, and they came out super cute and delicious.  I only made a dozen and we devoured them straight out of the oven on Wednesday.

Immediately after Thanksgiving dinner (no pictures) we put up our Christmas tree.  Then Annie crawled under it and promptly knocked it over.

Then we had a big family nap.  Aah!  We spent the evening decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music.






Ta da!  We have several clumps of ornaments at about 2 feet high, and several very bare spots at that same height.




Over the past few days, the bottom portion of our tree has been un-decorated several times, and then Logan helps re-decorate it which means the clumps are ever growing and moving.

No comments: