Sunday, August 14, 2011

When It Rains it Pours

So...Logan was finally admitted to the hospital at 6am and we rested for some of the morning while waiting to see the doctor.  Even sleeping a hospital recliner felt good at that point!  We finally saw the doctor in the afternoon, and she set us up with a cardiologist.  The cardiologist did an echocardiogram which showed that his heart was perfectly healthy!  We talked with the doctor at that point, and she said we could go since he was feeling pretty good.  If we want to research what is going on any more at that point, we can do it outpatient.  So we were able to leave the hospital around 4:30pm.  It was an exhausting night and day, but we had our piece of mind. 

We headed home, finished packing, and decided to head out on our trip.  Jim drove the entire night, and was surprisingly alert the whole time.  Phew!  It took us 13 hours to get within 9 miles of Jim's parents home.  The drive was very uneventful to that point, and the kids slept pretty much the whole time.  (I wish I'd slept as well as they did!  Two night without going to bed is a lot...)  However, when we were 9 miles away our engine shut off!  So Jim's mom came with their truck and started towing us.  As we were being towed, the line went slack and then jerked hard pulling the bar we'd attached it to out from under our car.  It also pulled our radiator entirely off  as well as part of the body of the car. 

That's where we're at.  We don't know what we're going to do now.  If anyone is selling a vehicle, or knows someone who is please let us know!

2 comments:

Maria Bradley said...

I hope your storm is almost over!!!!!! I'm so sorry!

Ariana said...

I hope Logan is feeling better, and I'm so sorry about your car. I hope you can find something quickly!