We're still dealing with a lot of middle of the night interruptions from Logan, so it's not uncommon for him to come into our room to wake us up, or to hear him crying for one of us at all hours. Thankfully Annie is a heavy sleeper (or just chooses to ignore it) because they share a room. Lately, he's been waking up disoriented (those are the times he cries), and I've been getting some insights into his dreams. Last night (at least this is what I think he said; his speech is rather garbled when he wakes up from a dream):
"Daddy! Daddy!"
Me, "It's alright Logan."
"(something unintelligible)!!!"
"What's wrong Logan?"
"Just find the space ship! Just find the space ship!"
"Okay, I'll find it."
"Thanks." And he lays back down relieved. I have to wonder if he ever fully woke up from that dream.
Another night he woke up crying because he wanted to "watch a noovie (AKA movie)!" When I told him that it was time to sleep, he got mad and screamed about it. I had a hard time convincing him on that point.
I'm guessing these are the nature of his nightmares, and if they are only so bad as losing a favorite toy, or being denied a movie I'm glad.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment