Friday, May 29, 2009

Sunburn

On Monday, we had planned to go camping, and Logan was SO excited. We all were. Then we looked at the sky. There was a very great possibility of heavy rain (which turned into a fact that evening), so we decided not to go. To make up for it, we decided to go on a little hike early in the day. It was overcast and cool, so we put everyone in long pants, jackets, and hats. We didn't plan to be out long, and since it was cloudy and we were so well covered I decided not to worry about sunscreen. Well, apparently a fair skinned baby can get burned on an overcast day. (It probably didn't help matters that her hat didn't stay on and we were out longer than intended.) We didn't even noticed she'd been burned until after her nap. To make matters worse, at the beginning of our hike, we had her in the backpack carrier and it was standing on the ground. I turned to look at Logan thinking Jim had her (he thought I had her), and she fell face first onto the gravel. Her forehead was really pink from that (but you can't tell in this picture because of the burn.) Poor baby. I really felt bad about it. At least the burn didn't seem to bother her.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Ouch. Poor baby. At least she's still smiling!