Saturday, April 11, 2009

General Conference

We were able to watch General Conference at home for the first time ever this time around. Woohoo! So I created a few things for Logan to use during the sessions. The first one is the page with the general authorities on it. I glued it to cardboard (mostly so the kids wouldn't rip it), and every time Logan found the picture of the speaker, he put a sticker on their picture. He really liked that, and we were surprised how quickly he found some of their pictures! He was so excited when the prophet spoke, and ended up with several stickers on his picture. The other thing I did was to glue several pictures to cardboard (i.e. Jesus, temple, scriptures, etc.). When Logan heard someone say one of those words, or if he saw a picture of that thing, he could pick a piece of candy. I also put Logan's little table and chairs in the living room, and we had special snacks that we don't eat normally. He was really excited about all of it. Annie was even enthused about the pictures I had for them.

I was really happy with how most of our sessions went. The morning sessions were a bit chaotic, but that's to be expected with small children. The afternoon sessions were right on time for naps, so both kids slept through both of those. It was SO nice not to have distractions.

7 comments:

Melanni said...

These are such great ideas to get kids excited about conference and to help keep their attention. I may have to try some of these next time!

Parks' Place said...

Cute ideas!! I will have to try that next time!

The Lindquists said...

What great ideas Becky! You need to come do that kind of stuff at my house!

Ariana said...

I really like your idea for board with all of the apostles. I am definitely going to do that next time! Thanks for putting that on your blog.

Arit said...

I LOVE these ideas!! Can't wait to try them with Fanny when she is older. Oh, and the bearded lady picture is SOOO cute! I love it!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

I was pretty enthused about those ideas, too. Although, I really can't take credit for them; I "borrowed" them from last month's Ensign.

Justin and Tiffany Walker said...

Your kiddos are adorable! We'll have to get them together again. Avery is all about playing with little boys, so she and Logan would have lots of fun!