The other day it was lunchtime and I wasn't feeling hungry. So I thought, "Maybe I'll open a can of mac n' beef for the kids instead of cooking. That'll save me time and work!" I don't even know how it came to be in my cupboard because it's not something I buy. But there it was and it sure seemed convenient.
So I opened it and divided it into two bowls for the kids. I put Annie's most effective bib on and gave her a very small amount of noodles after I'd drained much of the sauce off. I left the room for a minute and this is what I found when I came back.
It gets better.
Logan hasn't worn a bib in well over a year, so you can bet he didn't want one that day. I was concerned because he frequently drips on his shirt, and he was wearing a brand new shirt. It was mostly white. I am so brilliant that it didn't occur to me to remove his shirt until it was hopelessly stained in several places. I just so happened to be wearing a white shirt, too, and I managed to get sauce on me as well.
After much scrubbing I was left to ponder on my earlier wisdom of saving myself "time and work".
1 comment:
If you haven't already given up trying to get those stains out of your white shirts... try using oxyclean. You will be amazed at how much it can get out! Just wet the stain, pour a little of the powder oxyclean onto it, put a little water on the powder and make a paste out of it. Rub it into the stain and let it sit for a day or so, or until you wash next. Throw it in the washer with the other clothes and hopefully you will have a stain free shirt!
Good luck. It looked like they at least had fun with it :)
Post a Comment