Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmas Craftiness

My morning all-day sickness hit right about Thanksgiving, so we didn't do many extra Christmas activities during the month of December like we usually do.  I was feeling pretty happy to make it through the basics most days. 

This was one of two times we made Christmas cookies, and that was the extent of the 'extras' I did with the kids.

We took these to the 'Nativity Celebration' (mentioned in a previous post) and also stayed to enjoy.

The other thing I managed before Christmas was a bunch of sewing.  Audrey gave me her old sewing machine, which is quite superior to my old one, and I ended up making 22 projects.  Most of them were extremely simple and fast, but I was pretty happy about it.

I made these 'his and hers' Broncos scarves for my sister, Sarah, and her husband, Dave.

I made these pajama pants for Dave and my dad.  Dave is a fireman, and apparently everyone at the station has different super hero bedding; Dave wanted Batman pajamas to go with his.  :)  My whole family are huge Broncos fans, hence the Broncos projects.

I also made 16 infinity scarves; they were super easy and fast!  Sarah had suggested them when I asked her for ideas for Christmas, and I loved the idea.  I gave many of these as gifts this year, and kept a few for me and Annie.

Last, (actually these were the first items I made) I made these microwavable heating packs for Jim's grandma.  She always loves warm things.

This is the scarf Annie chose to keep.  She wanted one really bad.

A close up of my favorite fabrics this year.

No comments: