10 years ago
Friday, December 31, 2010
Separation Anxiety
So...Jim and I drove to Iowa on Monday to see the area, get him set up with a temporary place to live, and start making some decisions. We've done a lot of things over the last three days, but still have a lot of things to decide. We like the area, and were able to visit the Nauvoo temple yesterday...pictures to come. A very kind couple from our church has offered to have Jim stay in their home for a little while until we find a more permanent place for our family. We've been in their home for two days now, and it looks like it will be a nice arrangement. They are so sweet! In a few hours, we will head to the airport so I can fly back to Colorado; I'm not looking forward to it. I've missed the kids all week and it will be wonderful to be with them again, but we have no idea how long it will be until we can join Jim. I'm near tears just thinking about it. I would be a terrible military wife! He's going to miss us incredibly, and I am so grateful he has these nice people to stay with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I can't even imagine. I'd be a terrible military wife too. Good luck finding a home and settling in. I'm sure it will all work out and you'll all be together again soon.
I was going to ask how the house hunting trip went! I'm glad you puns a temporary home for Jim. If you're getting lonely, come visit us!!!! My kids have been asking for play dates almost every day!
Post a Comment