10 years ago
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Yuck Yuck Yuck Yuck!
So amidst packing stress, we're also finishing up construction stress. (We move in 9 days! I could really use another month!) Last night we slept in our new place, so we could be on location to get some things done. This morning, every one woke up nice and early, and I thought I'd take a shower. The floor in the bathroom is concrete, and I wanted Alex in there with me, so I put down a nice thick blanket, and our bed pillows all around him in case he tipped over. While I was showering, I reached up to adjust the shower head, and got zapped with a bolt of electricity! I then reached down to adjust the temperature, and accidentally touched the metal around the knob and got zapped again! Pretty soon I started smelling something nasty. I couldn't figure out what it was, so I finished up and got out. I'm pretty blind without my glasses or contacts, so it took me a while to figure out just what was going on. There was water (sewage actually) all over the floor, and my baby was laying in the middle of it! I ripped him out of there (thankfully, it hadn't soaked up to where he was just yet), and called my mother-in-law to run over with towels (we're next door to my in-law's). Boy did that stink! Our pillows and that blanket totally soaked up most of it, so it was a really bad mess too. After much ado and much puzzling, we determined that the sewage lift pump had broken, and that it was connected to why I got zapped in the shower. So I spent a large portion of my day dealing with that (it's still not fixed). The positive side: we have brand new pillows now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes! But that is a classic story! Hope it gets fixed soon!
Oh, Becky, I am so sorry. Everything about that story is horrible, but I am so glad that you and the baby are okay. I know that must be a big weight with everything else you have going on. Hopefully, it won't be a really difficult fix. I miss you, Becky! Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment