So, a couple of days ago we came up with the idea to try a behavior chart. Logan has the opportunity every day to earn ten stars through good behavior, and he can lose them if he does something naughty. If he has ten stars at the end of the day, he gets to choose a special activity from the "reward bag". I've got things like bubbles, chalk, photo albums, and special books in there...basically everything he really likes that I normally keep up high. So far it's worked well. He likes earning stars, so he's been really helpful this week, and he REALLY does not like to lose them. We haven't had any problems on the stairs, and he's only hit a couple of times (vs. 20 times a day). He's earned his reward every day so far, but today he hasn't been very keen on doing things to earn his stars, so this may be the first time he doesn't get the reward. I think that'll be good, though, so he fully understands the process.
10 years ago
3 comments:
I love charts, this one is really cute!
What a great idea Becky! I'm always needing new ideas for discipline. How old is Logan? I hope the chart keeps working well!
Logan turned two in August.
Post a Comment